Garmin has announced today that they are buying almost all the assets of Fusion Electronics. Fusion is known in the boating world as the integrated Marine Audio System.
Garmin’s own Meteor 300 is a re-branded Fusion device. And Garmin devices have added FusionLink support to many of their new Multi Function Displays (MFD’s)
Price was not disclosed and transaction is supposed to close around June 30th 2014 subject to standard legal stuff 🙂 Fusion will be “embedded” into Garmin New Zealand Ltd and their premises will be taken over by Garmin.
Navico (Simrad/Lowrance/B&G) and Raymarine support FusionLink. Simrad has a SonicHub based on Fusion technology. According to Garmin they will continue to support FusionLink customers in the future.
Raymarine has published the latest Lighthouse II software version – version 10.34 today May 13th 2014. The software works on all current Raymarine a/c/e and gS series displays.
Raymarine Lighthouse II v10.34 software update:
- Support for multiple active sonar modules on the network
- Ability to display multiple sonar channels simultaneously
- Ability to create custom sonar channel profiles
- New horizontal split screen fishfinder page
- Corrected TVG control on CP450c
- Added support for Navionics Sonar Log depth recordings
- Added support for Navionics Plotter Sync (Requires appropriate Navionics mobile apps)
- Lighthouse Charts Updates
- Digital Switching Alarms
- Update to SIRUISXM Marine Zone Boundaries
- New Home Screen icons for Fishfinder app instances
- New Fishfinder Simulator modes
- AIS Dangerous Target Simulator Improvement – In Simulator mode it is defaulted to off.
- Additional Languages – Czech and Slovenian
- Various fixes and improvements
I don’t quite get the “Added support for Navionics Plotter Sync” – as that was supposed to be a feature that has been working for many versions. But maybe it has been updated. It was not very stable when I had my c97 – so I do hope this version is rock solid. 🙂
To download – Click here