This is just a quick “flash” 🙂
I updated my HDS G2 Touch – and all went well. GoFree works perfect like on my NSS8.
The first thing I tried 🙂 was of course Map sharing between NSS8 and HDS G2 Touch – and it works! Impressive and very nice!
Lets see if my problems with “device configuration resets” have been solved.
Well – Map sharing also works with Structure Scan Maps – my NSS8 has the Navionics maps – and the HDS G2 has my StrucureScan (now HD) maps. And the HDS happily shares those with the NSS – while getting Navionics Charts the other way. Neat – but it seems like I have to reboot after adding a new structure scan map to make it available to the NSS.
And it does seem like my twin engine device configuration stays in place – but too early to tell for certain.
Lowrance has [finally] released the HDS Gen 2 software update for Lowrance Gen 2 Touch and “normal” Lowrance Gen 2 units.
The new features are:
- Support for GoFree wireless remote operation with the Lowrance WIFI-1 module – so you can “remote control” your HDS Gen2 from iDevices and Android devices. [HDS/Touch]
- Insight Genesis compatible – so you can create your own maps – but unfortunately still limited to very few locations around the world. If you are not in an approved location – you can’t create an account and use Insight Genesis [HDS/Touch]
- Map/Chart sharing – Share your Navionics/CMAP or Insight maps with other HDS Gen 2 units [HDS/Touch]
- Navionics Depth contour shading and highlights [HDS/Touch]
- Navionics EasyView, Dynamic Tides & Currents [Touch]
- Internal GPS antenna updated to use 5Hz update speed from 1Hz (5 Hz = 5 times pr second) – latest Lowrance Point-1 external GPS is a 10Hz antenna
- StructureMap HD Sonar Charts – The old version gave you very resolution limited “Sonar Charts” of your recorded structure scan logs. The new version 2 keeps high resolution. [HDS/Touch]
- Structure Scan auto contrast [HDS]
- Now Gen 2 supports the Lowrance Point-1 10Hz external GPS [HDS/Touch]
- And a new feature – Dual Chart Capability – we don’t know what that covers yet but will investigate [HDS]
- New panel setups for HDS-8 and HDS-10 [HDS]
- A screen capture shortcut [HDS]
- And like Raymarine a/c/e series – a built in PDF reader – for keeping manuals handy. [HDS/Touch]
Version today on release date May 10th : 2.0-45.135
Direct download location:
HDS Gen 2 Touch Software Version 2
HDS Gen 2 Software Version 2 (non touch)