The latest Simrad NSS Evo2 firmware v2.0 has been released. It supports Chirp and DownScan at the same time, ForwardScan and more ways to customize Navigation page data. There are also new Internet features available where you can download/show maps online, upload structure scan data direct from chart plotter and download Insight Genesis created maps. It is ready for download and is recommended for all owners of Evo2 devices.
- Update – February 2015
- Higher Medium CHIRP ping speed for clearer image and faster/smoother scrolling
- Support for simultaneous use of CHIRP and DownScan™ sonar imaging
- Support for ForwardScan™ forward-looking sonar
- Navigation page data items are now user-customisable
- Navigation page information bars for time & distance to destination, time & distance to next waypoint
- Various system stability and performance improvements
- GoFree™ Wireless
- Access the online GoFree™ Shop to browse cartography and software available for your NSS evo2 multifunction display.
- Purchase and download from the GoFree™ Shop directly to your NSS evo2 display’s memory card for immediate use on the water.
- Receive automatic notifications when software updates are available, download and install updates without leaving your boat.
- Upload your sonar logs directly to our Insight Genesis cloud software, and create detailed depth-contour maps of your favourite coastal and inland fishing spots for free.
- Download your own Insight Genesis maps, and the community-created Social Maps, direct to your chartplotter for use on the water (Premium Insight Genesis subscribers only).
- All GoFree™ wireless capabilities requires the optional WIFI-1 module. Online functions including the GoFree™ Shop, software updates, and Insight Genesis require a wireless internet connection.
The NSO Evo2 also got updated to V3 and has many of the features listed above.
Click here to download: Simrad NSS Evo2 Firmware Download
For more info you can also read here: NSS Evo2 and NSO new firmware